The papers below were co-authored by members of the RINA team.
- John Day, Ibrahim Matta, and Karim Mattar. "Networking is IPC": A Guiding Principle to a Better Internet. In Proceedings of ReArch'08 - Re-Architecting the Internet, Madrid, SPAIN, December 2008. Co-located with ACM CoNEXT 2008. [PDF]
- Karim Mattar, Ibrahim Matta, John Day, Vatche Ishakian, and Gonca Gursun. Declarative Transport: A Customizable Transport Service for the Future Internet. In Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Networking Meets Databases (NetDB 2009), co-located with SOSP 2009. Big Sky, MT, October 14, 2009. [PDF]
- Gonca Gursun, Ibrahim Matta, and Karim Mattar. On the Performance and Robustness of Managing Reliable Transport Connections. In Proceedings of the 8th International Workshop on Protocols for Future, Large-Scale and Diverse Network Transports (PFLDNeT), Lancester, PA, November 2010. [paper (.pdf)] [presentation (.pdf)]
- Vatche Ishakian, Joseph Akinwumi, Ibrahim Matta. On the Cost of Supporting Multihoming and Mobility. In Proceedings of the Third International Workshop on the Network of the Future (in conjunction with IEEE GLOBECOM 2010), Miami, Florida, December 10, 2010 . [PDF]
- Eleni Trouva, Eduard Grasa, John Day, Ibrahim Matta, Lou Chitkushev, Patrick Phelan, Miguel Ponce de Leon, and Steve Bunch, "Is the Internet an unfinished demo? Meet RINA!", (2011). In TERENA Networking Conference. [PDF]
- Eleni Trouva, Eduard Grasa, John Day, Ibrahim Matta, Lou Chitkushev, Steve Bunch, Miguel Ponce de Leon, Patrick Phelan, and Xavier Hesselbach-Serra, "Transport over Heterogeneous Networks Using the RINA Architecture", (2011). Invited Paper, The 9th International Conference on Wired/Wireless Internet Communications (WWIC).[PDF]
- John Day, Eleni Trouva, Eduard Grasa, Patrick Phelan, Miguel Ponce de Leon, Steve Bunch, Ibrahim Matta, Lou Chitkushev, and Louis Pouzin. "Bounding the Router Table Size in an ISP Network using RINA". In Proceedings of the 2011 Second International Conference on Network of the Future, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, November 2011.[PDF]
- Vatche Ishakian, Joseph Akinwumi, Flavio Esposito, Ibrahim Matta. "On Supporting Mobility and Multihoming in Recursive Internet Architectures" Computer Communications, Volume 35 Issue 13, July, 2012. [PDF] [Technical Report BUCS-TR-2010-035]
- Gowtham Boddapati, John Day, Ibrahim Matta, and Lou Chitkushev. "Assessing the Security of a Clean-Slate Internet Architecture". In Proceedings of the Seventh Workshop on Secure Network Protocols (NPSec), Austin, Texas, October 2012. [PDF]
- Flavio Esposito, Ibrahim Matta, Vatche Ishakian. "Slice Embedding Solutions for Distributed Service Architectures" ACM Computing Surveys, 2012 (to appear) [Technical Report BUCS-TR-2010-035]
- Yuefeng Wang, Flavio Esposito and Ibrahim Matta. "Demonstrating RINA using the GENI Testbed" The Second GENI Research and Educational Experiment Workshop (GREE2013), March 21-22, 2013, Salt Lake City, Utah. [PDF]
- Flavio Esposito, Yuefeng Wang, Ibrahim Matta and John Day. "Dynamic Layer Instantiation as a Service", Demo at USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI 2013), Lombard, IL, USA, April 2-5, 2013. [Extended Abstract] [Poster]
- Flavio Esposito, Donato Di Paola and Ibrahim Matta. "A General Distributed Approach to Slice Embedding with Guarantees", IFIP Networking 2013 Conference, May 22-24, 2013 Brooklyn, NY, USA, May 22-24, 2013 Brooklyn, NY, USA. [PDF]
- John Day. Patterns in Network Architecture: A Return to Fundamentals. Published by Prentice Hall (ISBN 0132252422), December 2007.
Technical Reports and Drafts
- Sven van der Meer, Patrick Phelan, Miguel Ponce de Leon, Zohra Boudjemil, John Day, Ibrahim Matta, Steve Bunch, and Eduard Grasa, "Your very own future Internet: design, build and deploy it using today's open source tools", (2010), Submitted.